Help the House that Love Built.
The volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House are vital members of our family, our community and our home. We welcome volunteers from every walk of life – students, families, companies, corporations, and church groups to name a few – and provide a flexible schedule with no minimum time requirements. We are always looking for new energetic volunteers and we welcome creative ideas.
The effects of COVID-19 have brought some unique changes to our volunteer program this year. For the safety of our guests and volunteers, many of our in-House volunteer programs (such as in-House cleaning, cooking or decorating) have been temporarily suspended. We hope to re-open these program soon, but in the mean time we still have several volunteer opportunities that would be a huge help to the House.
- Pick-up meals from caterers/restaurants and deliver them to the House for the families: requires access to a vehicle, best availability in the afternoon/early evenings
- Adopt the House for a week and provide kitchen essentials for families. This means fresh milk in the fridge, apples and oranges in the kitchen, and other essentials to keep the House fully stocked for families.
- Order a meal for the families from a local restaurant/caterer and have it delivered OR drop it off personally
- Donate items from our Wish List. Needs for the House change constantly, so we keep our wish list up to date with the most urgently required items.
- Host a Wish List Collection Day during a community event or at a local retail site. We can provide a banner! Great opportunity for teams, clubs or community service project.
- Create and sponsor a fundraiser for the House. Please call us with your ideas. We can provide a banner and help you coordinate your event.
- Make a monetary contribution to the House. You can donate to the House online, via check or by dropping off you donation at the House. Visit our Donate page for more information.
- Recycle: Pick up pop tabs or cardboard and take them to the local recycling centers
- Landscaping/Yard Help: Volunteer to mow the grass, rake leaves, clean exterior toys, etc.
Reach out to the Director of Outreach, Debbie Kaplan, for more information : email@example.com
How can my group, organization or business volunteer?
Step 1: Complete a Volunteer Background Check
For the safety of our families, we require all volunteers to complete a background check before beginning their volunteer opportunity. Please complete the online form: RMHC Charlottesville’s BIB Secure Volunteer.
Complete the Volunteer Interest Form to get started. Explore our website for more details about specific volunteer opportunities. We are looking forward to having you join our House family!