The Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville was incorporated in 1981 by a group of concerned citizens, physicians, and hospital employees. It started as a nine bedroom facility and has grown to accommodate 19 families. But the University of Virginia Children’s Hospital has grown even faster.
Every week we are faced with the painful task of turning families away. If they are able, guests pay a small nightly fee. But 90% of our operating funds come from the generous people of this community-individuals and corporations – who want to reach out to families caring for sick children.
As area business leaders, the local McDonald’s restaurant owner/operators contribute to the annual operating costs for the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Charlottesville through in-store promotions and donation canisters. The remainder and majority of the annual operating budget comes from additional local businesses and individual sponsors.
Your financial support is critical. By supporting the Ronald McDonald House, you can ensure that families caring for sick children have a home away from home.
Here’s just some of the ways you can support the House financially:
- Make an online donation to support RMHC Charlottesville
- Drop your small change in a RMHC Donation Box at your local McDonald’s
- Shop online through the RMHC CauseNetwork Shopping Portal.
- Adopt the House for a week, providing funds for fresh milk, produce, etc.
- Hold a small change fundraiser at your school or business.
- Consider including RMHC in your legacy planning