Meals from the Heart
The RMHC Charlottesville Meals from the Heart program is focused on making sure our families are able to depend on a finding tasty, nutritious, and warm meals every evening at the House
When a child is receiving medical treatment for serious illness or injury, taking away the worry of “what’s for dinner?” is a wonderful relief. Our guest families receive this type of kindness regularly from our dedicated “Meals from the Heart” volunteers. Our goal is to have dinner prepared each night for the families – but breakfast, lunch, and brunch are also welcome donations! To reach that goal, we are actively recruiting new “Meals from the Heart” volunteers. You don’t need to be an expert chef! You just have to want to give families a little peace of mind.
We welcome clubs, individuals, businesses, churches, families and all types of groups to participate in the Meals from the Heart Program. The menu and date of the meal donation are completely up to the volunteers, and you can choose your own level of involvement.
To ensure the health and safety of both our House families and volunteers during this time, meal donations must follow several guidelines:
- Meal donations must be prepared in a restaurant or commercially-approved facility. Meal donors can arrange to have the meals delivered directly to the House (through the restaurant or apps such as Grubhub, Doordash, etc) OR can drop off meals to the House themselves.
- Meals should be portioned individually as opposed to buffet/family style
- Please check with the House Manager for any potential food allergies/restrictions
Below is a list of restaurants that have provided wonderful pre-portioned meal options for the families:
- Bellair Market
- Box’d Kitchen
- Mahana Fresh
- Noodles & Company
- FIVE Guys
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Firehouse Subs
- Sticks Kebob Shop
How to sign up to give a Meal from the Heart:
1. View our Meals from the Heart Calendar below to see available dates.
2. Choose a date that you would like to provide a meal and contact the Director of Outreach to reserve that date. You can email email@example.com or call 434-295-1885, Monday – Friday, 9AM-5PM.
3. Click on the appropriate option below to review procedures for each type of meal donation.
I will deliver a pre-made meal from a commercial kitchen or retail food outlet (includes frozen meals)