Meals from the Heart
The RMHC Charlottesville Meals from the Heart program is focused on making sure our families are able to depend on a finding tasty, nutritious, and warm meals every evening at the House
When a child is receiving medical treatment for serious illness or injury, taking away the worry of “what’s for dinner?” is a wonderful relief. Our guest families receive this type of kindness regularly from our dedicated “Meals from the Heart” volunteers. Our goal is to have dinner prepared each night for the families – but breakfast, lunch, and brunch are also welcome donations! To reach that goal, we are actively recruiting new “Meals from the Heart” volunteers. You don’t need to be an expert chef! You just have to want to give families a little peace of mind.
We welcome clubs, individuals, businesses, churches, families and all types of groups to participate in the Meals from the Heart Program. The menu and date of the meal donation are completely up to the volunteers, and you can choose your own level of involvement.
To ensure the health and safety of both our House families and volunteers, meal donations must follow several guidelines:
- All food must be prepared in the RMHC Charlottesville kitchen OR in a commercial grade kitchen, such as a restaurant, fast food outlet or caterer kitchen.
- All meal volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Meal Volunteer groups can include a maximum of 10 individuals
- All food must be prepared and transported following food safety guidelines. Please view the Meals from the Heart Program Handbook using the following link: Meals from the Heart Handbook 2018
How to sign up to give a Meal from the Heart:
1. View our Meals from the Heart Calendar below to see available dates.
2. Choose a date that you would like to provide a meal and contact the Operations Coordinator to reserve that date. You can email email@example.com or call 434-295-1885.
3. Click on the appropriate option below to review procedures for each type of meal donation
I will deliver a pre-made meal from a commercial kitchen or retail food outlet (includes frozen meals)