Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for over 40 years.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald’s is our largest corporate partner. Portions of the annual operating costs for Ronald McDonald Houses are graciously funded by McDonald’s and owner/operators of local McDonald’s restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual donors and corporate partners.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants enable McDonald’s customers to support the House by donating change.
- With each purchase of a McDonald’s Happy Meal® or Mighty Kid’s Meal® throughout the year, a donation is made to RMHC.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate partner, no one company can solely fund our programs and projected growth. We rely on the support of the entire community and greatly value the support of our corporate and individual supporters, whether it’s through monetary donations, in-kind contributions, time or fundraising efforts.