Drop Off a Meal From the Heart
Deliver a pre-made meal from a commercial kitchen or retail food outlet (includes frozen meals)
Volunteers may choose to deliver a pre-made meal from a commercial kitchen or retail food outlet. You may also choose to arrange delivery of a meal. These are a few examples of options and local restaurants that provide catering options for large orders:
- Sandwich Trays (Subway/Jimmy Johns)
- Pizza (Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, Domino’s)
- KFC/Popeye’s/Raising Cane’s Chicken
- Wings Over Charlottesville, Buffalo Wild Wings
- McDonald’s, Chick-Fil-A, Wendy’s and similar fast food
The following are examples of items that can be purchased directly from a grocery store, Wal-Mart, Costco, Target and similar for volunteers/staff to prepare in the RMHC Charlottesville kitchen:
- Frozen lasagnas, casseroles and similar one dish meals in family size
- Pre-packaged ready to eat potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, etc.
- Packages of hot dogs, lunch meats, buns, bread, condiments
- Frozen pizza
Important Reminders for Pre-Made Meal Donations
- All food must be transported in accordance with food safety guidelines (Hot food must remain hot, cold food must remain cold). You can borrow insulated food transport bags from RMHC-C at request. For more information, please contact the Meal Program Coordinator by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org OR calling 434-295-1885.
- We generally request enough food to feed 25-30 people.
- All food must have been prepared in a commercial kitchen
- Any food that does not get consumed on the evening of the meal donation will be saved and stored as leftovers for the families.
- Dinner donations are our primary concern but breakfast, brunch, or lunch donations are also welcome!