Prepare a meal in the Ronald McDonald House Kitchen
The Ronald McDonald House kitchen is stocked with all of the necessary materials and utensils a Guest Chef may need to prepare a meal in the RMHC-C kitchen, including: pots/pans, food thermometers, utensils, baking sheets and dishes, cups/plates, an outdoor propane grill, crock pot, mixers, measuring cups, etc.
Guest Chefs will also have access to: gloves, oven mitts, Steramine cleaning spray, warming pans, paper towels, ice, temporary refrigerator storage space, etc. All items necessary to ensure that meals are prepared following the food safety guidelines are provided.
The Meals from the Heart Handbook 2018 provides information on the following: food safety procedures, things to consider, scheduling a meal, planning a menu, volunteer conduct guidelines, what to expect when you arrive, etc. For more information or to schedule a meal donation, please contact the Meal Program Coordinator at email@example.com
Important Information to Consider:
- If you are new to preparing a meal in the RMH kitchen, please consider scheduling a time with the Meal Program Coordinator to visit the House for a brief orientation of the kitchen. This is not required. But it may help with meal donation planning.
- We generally request enough food to feed 20-25 people.
- All meal volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- The maximum number of volunteers per group is 10
- Any food that is prepared in a residential kitchen, prepared in the House, or transported to the House in violation of the food safety guidelines cannot be served. These food safety guidelines are in place to maintain the health and safety of our guests.
- Any food that does not get consumed on the evening of the meal donation will be saved and stored as leftovers for the families.
- Dinner donations are our primary concern but breakfast, brunch, or lunch donations are also welcome.
How to sign up to prepare a Meal from the Heart in the RMHC-C Kitchen:
1. View our Meals from the Heart Calendar below to see available dates.
2. Choose a date that you would like to provide a meal and contact the Operations Coordinator to reserve that date. You reach the Operations Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-295-1885.