Help the House that Love Built.
The volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House are vital members of our family, our community and our home. Volunteering at our House offers a wide choice of opportunities, flexibility to fit your schedule and the best benefit of all – the smiles and gratitude of our families and their children. We welcome volunteers from every walk of life – students, families, companies, corporations, and church groups to name a few – and provide a flexible schedule with no minimum time requirements. We are always looking for new energetic volunteers and we welcome creative ideas.
There are many different ways you can help the House:
- Sign up for a listed special event Volunteer Opportunity.
- Assist with House cleaning projects, individually or as a group.
- Adopt the House for a week and provide kitchen essentials for families. This means fresh milk in the fridge, apples and oranges in the kitchen, and other essentials to keep the House fully stocked for families.
- Make a meal for the families through our Meals from the Heart program
- Decorate for holidays — you choose the holiday and bring your own touch of creativity to the House.
- Donate items from our Wish List. Needs for the House change constantly, so we keep our wish list up to date with the most urgently required items.
- Host a Wish List Collection Day during a community event or at a local retail site. We can provide a banner! Great opportunity for teams, clubs or community service project.
- Make “welcome gifts” for parents, newborns, or children by age and gender. Pamper new moms with toiletries like lotion or shampoo, give a stressed dad some essential items, quiet a baby with pacifiers, diapers, creams and soft outfits. Keep siblings occupied with puzzle books (safe and non-messy toys highly preferred)!
- Create and sponsor a fundraiser for the House. Please call us with your ideas. We can provide a banner and help you coordinate your event.
- Make a monetary contribution to the House. You can donate to the House online, via check or by dropping off you donation at the House. Visit our Donate page for more information.
How can my group, organization or business volunteer?
Step 1: Complete a Volunteer Background Check
For the safety of our families, we require all volunteers to complete a background check before beginning their volunteer opportunity. Please complete the online form: RMHC Charlottesville’s BIB Secure Volunteer.
Reach out to our Executive Director, Rita Ralston to discuss volunteer opportunities, scheduling and details. Email email@example.com or call 434-295-1885. We are looking forward to having you join our House family!