How to Stay
The Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville provides low cost lodging and a home-like atmosphere for pediatric patients (18 years and younger) and/or their families who travel to the University of Virginia Medical Center or Martha Jefferson Hospital for treatment.
How do I get on the waiting list?
Please call the House at 434-295-1885 if you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a room. Our House is typically full and we are unable to make advanced reservations. That means you do not have a room reserved until we call you to confirm that a room is available. In order to complete your waiting list position, we require the following information:
- A referral made by hospital personnel from the floor, unit, clinic or department where the patient will be seen to confirm the patient’s appointment, treatment, or surgery date. Hospital staff can call 434-295-1885 or fax 434-295-7735 to provide a referral.
- Full names and dates of birth for all adult guests planning to stay in the House. This information is necessary to facilitate background checks. These checks are run to ensure the safety and security of all guests staying in the House.
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission. You can email the form to email@example.com or fax it to 434-295-7735 before you arrive at the House to check-in.
What are the House Policies?
Compliance with House Policies is very important to your stay here, as it helps to create a welcoming community environment. All guests are expected to follow these policies at all times. Please read and review the House Policy Book prior to your stay.
If you have any questions about these policies please call the office at 434-295-1885 and speak with a House Manager.
What amenities are available at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville?
View a slideshow of the House and its amenities.
- Private bedrooms
- Private bathrooms for most bedrooms
- Play room for kids
- Spacious fenced in back yard
- Laundry facility available 8:30am-9:30pm daily
- Kitchen appliances and space for families to prepare their own food
- Assigned pantry shelf for each room
- Assigned refrigerator shelf for each room
- Assigned freezer basket for each room
- All bed and bath linens are provided
- Cribs available upon request
- Hospital-grade breast pump available for 1 hour with each use
- TV located in the common areas
- One parking space is provided on site per family
- Smoke-free facility. There is a designated smoking area provided in the back yard.
What does it cost to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville?
Families are asked to contribute $15 per night. This contribution covers a small part of the cost of providing supplies for your stay. However, if families cannot afford even that, the contribution can be reduced or waived.
If the pediatric patient has Virginia Medicaid, please bring the patient’s current Medicaid card with you and talk to a House Manager to determine payment.
Is transportation available?
A free UVA shuttle runs between the hospital and the House each day. During the week, this bus runs every half hour between 6:30am – 10pm. Please speak with a member of Staff for further information regarding transportation. The Ronald McDonald House is located just a few blocks away from the University of Virginia Medical Center. Walking to the Medical Center takes approximately 5 minutes.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Charlottesville
300 9th Street SW
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office: (434) 295-1885
Family Phone: (434) 295-6412 Fax: (434) 295-7735
Fax: (434) 295-7735